3L | 22.6 x 26.9 x 15.5 cm
- Unique Double Cover breaks up and collects foam created during cooking into the inside chambers, redirects excess moisture onto the recess and drains it back into the main dish. Your microwave stays clean and safe from spills.
- Cover snaps onto the base which gives a solid grip when removing hot rice from the microwave oven.
- By respecting the maximum filling lines for rice and water quantities and the cooking time and power setting guidelines, you can have perfect fluffy rice every time.
- Lifetime Guarantee
- Dishwasher safe
- Microwave Safe (max 800 watts)
How to cook Rice:
If using the Tupperware Rice cooker, there are instructions inside the cooker itself for perfect rice every time. Always rinse rice well – 3 times for best results.
- Pour 1 cup rice, 1 1/2 cups water and 1 tsp salt into rice cooker. Fasten lid.
- Cook in microwave at 50% power (10-12 minutes for white rice or 18-20 minutes for brown rice).
- Remove from microwave with hot pads. Close vent and let stand for 4-5 minutes. Fluff rice with fork taking care not to scratch the surface.
Tupperware Microwave Rice Cooker Instructions:
Adjust microwave cooking time with a few minutes according to personal taste, microwave settings and grain type. After cooking, allow a standing time of 5 minutes. Pay attention not to exceed the max cooking time in the microwave of 30 minutes. *For couscous stir before the 5 minutes standing time.
For best results:
Add cold water and rinse rice 3 times until water runs clear. This is how to get fluffy grains rather than sticky rice.
If you wish to add salt before cooking, calculate 2 to 4 minutes of additional cooking time for a teaspoon of salt when the base is filled with 300ml of rice. TIP: When you place your hand flat on top of rice in water, water should be roughly up to your middle knuckle.
- Fluff the rice after cooling with a non-scratching Tupperware utensil.
For your satisfaction and safety, follow these precautions:
- Use the cooking guidelines as stated in this leaflet.
- Always wash your new product before first use.
- Make sure that the rice is completely submerged in the water before cooking.
- Always refer to the instruction booklet of your microwave manufacturer for appropriate product usage. If you have a turntable plate, make sure the Micro Rice Maker Large sits on it AND that the turntable plate turns effectively.
- Tupperware Micro Maker Large is safe for food temperatures from 0°C to 120°C. Do not use in the freezer. Do not use to cook foods at higher temperatures.
- Do not cook rice or other grains at any time without water.
- Do not add any fat or oil in the water or use liquid with fat content such as milk. The Micro Rice Maker Large is not suitable for risotto, paella rice, dessert rice or semolina.
- Do not use abrasive or sharp utensils.
- Do not overfill to avoid boil-over. Respect the maximum fill line. For rice with high starch content we recommend cooking smaller quantities.
- Always lift off the cover away from you so that the hot steam is directed away from you and doesn’t burn you.
- Contents will be hot after cooking. Use oven gloves when handling.
- To avoid staining, we do not recommend adding saffron, or other coloured spices to the rice or when reheating tomato or curry based foods. Staining will not affect the performance of the product and is not covered by the Tupperware warranty.
- The Micro Rice Maker Large product is for microwave use only, do not use it on the stove in a conventional oven or under the grill.
- Always rinse the container in cold water Immediately after use to help prevent strong food smells or stains. All components are dishwasher safe.
- Instructions for use are engraved on the inside of the cover and on top of the insert. Use the insert to catch starch and lessen any stickiness.
Tupperware Quality Warranty
Tupperware Micro Rice Maker has the same Quality warranty as all Tupperware products which ensures a replacement of any Tupperware manufactured product that presents any material or manufacturing defect that occur when using the product according to directions and normal domestic use.