Micro Pressure Cooker Beef Caldereta RecipeCourse: Product Training
Beef Caldereta with beef cubes cooked to perfect tenderness in a spicy tomato sauce. With an abundance of potatoes, bell peppers, and green olives, this classic Filipino stew is hearty, tasty, and perfect for family dinners and special occasions.
1/4 cup canola oil
2 large potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch cubes
2 large carrots, peeled and cut into 2-inch cubes
1 onion, peeled and chopped
4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
1kg beef cut into chunky 2cm size cubes
2 cups tomato sauce
1 Tablespoons tomato paste
2 cups water
1 tsp minced or fresh chilli (or to taste)
1/2 cup green olives, pitted
Chopped deseeded red and green pepper (1 of each)
1/2 cup liver spread (optional)
1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
salt and pepper to taste (add after cooking)
- For extra flavour (otherwise just add to pressure cooker without browning first): In a wide pan over medium heat, heat oil. Add onions and garlic, potatoes and carrots and cook until lightly browned.
- Add beef and browned ingredients to your Micro Pressure Cooker with potatoes and carrots.
- Add tomato sauce, tomato paste, water, and chili.
- Cook for about 20 minutes the MPC or until beef is tender.
- Add bell peppers and olives allow to cook in liquid for another 1 to 2 minutes while hot. Alternatively cook these in a frypan until crispy and use as topping.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add liver spread (optional) and cheese, stirring to combine until well-distributed. Continue to cook until cheese is melted and sauce is thickened.
- Serve and enjoy.
- You can mix and match ingredients. For extra tastiness brown food before adding to pressure cooker.