Making meal times fun just got easier!
Use the Tupperware Handy Spiralizer to serve spiralized vegetables in place of pasta, for swirly garnishes, tasty sides and so much more.
Try these other simple tricks for entertaining with a twist:
- Spiralise some cucumber or apple and freeze in water filled Cool Cubes for a fancy addition to your summer drinks.
- Spiralise apple and celeriac when in season and make a slaw with a light mayonnaise mustard dressing.
- Spiralise potatoes , toss with oil and salt and bake in a hot oven to create your own curly chips. The kids will love these.
Make these easy veggie packed recipes to get more goodness into the kids – and into you.
- 1 medium-large zucchini (about 180g) or peeled beetroot
- 1 medium-large carrot (about 180g)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chives, basil or dill
- 100g (2/3) cup grated parmesan or grated haloumi
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup soda water or milk
- Light olive, vegetable, sunflower or coconut oil , for cooking
- Trim ends from vegetables. Insert into the Handy Spiral and turn until you have 3 cups spiralised vegetables. Place into a Mixing Bowl. Add choice of herb, cheese, flour, eggs and soda water or milk. Soda water helps make them crispy.
- Heat a few tablespoons of oil in a Chef Series 28cm Fry Pan. Shallow fry generous 1/3 cups of mixture, three at a time for 3 minutes on each side, or until golden. Flip and cook remaining side. Place onto heatproof plate and keep warm in low oven.
- Serve with mayonnaise or yoghurt or tzatziki.
- 2 medium beetroot, ends trimmed, peeled
- 2 medium carrot, peeled, ends trimmed
- 1 large green apple
- Mint leaves, to serve
- Toasted seeds, to serve
- 1 ½ tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey or maple syrup
- Using the Handy Spiral, spiralize the beetroot, carrot and apple into a Mixing Bowl.
- Mix the dressing in an EZ Shaker, small jug or bowl. Season with a little salt and pepper.
- Gently drizzle over dressing and seeds and tear over mint leaves.
HANDY SPIRAL CHIPS
PREPARATION TIME 15 minutes
COOKING TIME 20-25 minutes
LEVEL OF DIFFICULTY Easy
- 4 medium potatoes (800g), ends trimmed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt or garlic salt
- 2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary (optional)
- Preheat oven to 220°C (200°C fan).
- You can peel the potatoes or leave the skin on. Use the Handy Spiral to spiralize potatoes. Cut long lengths with scissors.
- Place potato into a Mixing Bowl with the oil, salt and rosemary of using. Toss well. Arrange on two baking paper lined baking trays in a flat layer. Cook for 20-25 minutes, until golden and crispy. Swap trays half way through cooking to ensure even cooking.
TupTip You can pat the spiralized potato dry with a paper towel and fry them in hot oil instead of baking them for a crispier result.
Join Our New Zealand Newsletter
Get periodic recipes, product tips and NZ only specials direct to your inbox.