Making delicious and healthy lunch shouldn’t be complicated!! Not only is this chicken wrap recipe packed with healthy and nutritious ingredients it is so versatile and are quick to make. It has great flavours and textures without being too challenging for adults but is also fun to make with children.
Whether you are gluten intolerant, or on a keto diet this chicken wrap meal will cater for everyone! Just replace the wraps according to your diet requirements.
Fresh ingredients can be prepped the night before. Ventsmarts is the best way to store vegetables and fruits in the fridge for optimal conditions.
Simply place your wrap on a piece of food-grade paper, layer it with lettuce or your favourite baby leave, tomatoes, avocado, chicken add your favourite dressing and cheese. Wrap it up and it’s ready to eat!
Chicken is a delicious protein option for those looking to improve their health on a keto or low-carb diet. It is versatile and loved by eaters of all ages, making it the perfect family-friendly choice for your healthy meals.
Chicken meat is an excellent source of protein and nutrients. Foods high in protein are a tool for managing weight and normalizing blood sugar. Protein, combined with fat, keeps you full for longer and helps to calm cravings for higher-carb foods.
Chicken – If you want you can use either cooked, shredded, rotisserie, or smoked, curry chicken
Lettuce – Arugula adds a special flavour flair to these chicken wraps, but any green would be perfect such as spring mix, spinach, pea shoots, kale or romaine.
Spread – replace the sour cream or cream cheese with a different type of dressing
Feel free to add any other ingredients of your choice, like peppers, onions, coriander, seafood etc.
Avocado – Make a BLAT wrap instead
Caesar Wrap – Skip the avocado add bacon and use any kind of chicken you prefer. Use romaine dressed with caesar dressing and loaded with parmesan cheese.
Chicken Wraps With Avocado Keto FriendlyCourse: Lunch, DinnerDifficulty: Easy
This chicken wrap is perfect for a to-go snack or a picnic party! It will keep fresh for hours in the fridge and because it is loaded with healthy fats and protein, it will keep you fuelled and full throughout the day. Leftovers can be toasted using a panini press or try the MicroPro Grill https://tupperware.co.nz/product/micropro-grill/?ref=3058
2 chicken breasts, cooked and sliced or shredded
6 large Gerry’s low carb wrap
1 large tomato sliced
1 cup sour cream or cream cheese
3 cups sharp cheddar grated cheese
1 large avocado
3 cups chopped lettuce or bunch fancy lettuce
- Rinse and pat dry chicken breasts. Season with salt and pepper on both sides. Preheat a pan on medium heat and add 2 tablespoons olive oil. Place the meat on the skillet and cover with a lid. Cook for about 5-7 minutes then flip and cook for another 5 minutes. The timing will depend on the chicken size. Make sure that the internal temperature will reach 165-170F when done set aside to cool
- Prep all ingredients: slice cooked chicken, chopped lettuce, sliced tomatoes, chop the avocado and grate sharp cheddar
- Place one large Gerry wrap on a piece of food-grade paper and spread it with sour cream or cream cheese
- Layer with lettuce, tomatoes, avocado and a tablespoon sour cream, a few slices of the chicken breast and top with grated cheddar.
- Wrap them like an envelope. Repeat the same with the rest of the ingredients.
1. Make sure the bacon is fried until crisp!
2. Toss avocado in lemon juice to prevent it from going brown
3. Sliced on the diagonal with a sharp knife (not serrated)
4. Although the wraps can be eaten immediately, many will taste better when
refrigerated an hour or two so the flavours can blend and mellow
- Universal use for those who pack their food for long trips or time away from home https://tupperware.co.nz/product/square-lunch-set/