When you think of Chicken Parmesan recipes, you likely think of the same things as most people. Breaded chicken with fresh tomato sauce covered in melted mozzarella cheese. It’s a classic Italian restaurant favourite that many of us now make in our own homes.
This chicken parmesan is a simple and fast recipe especially if you use our MicroPro Grill. Goes great over angel hair pasta, serve with garlic bread, steamed broccoli and a glass of Pinot Gris. Crispy baked chicken in a rich marinara sauce and covered in melted mozzarella cheese. This recipe is out of this world delicious and a tried and tested family favourite. It is the best chicken parmesan recipe that will easily become a family favourite. Large enough to serve the whole family, impressive enough to serve to guests and I can almost guarantee there won’t be any leftovers! The pros to baking the chicken in the MicroPro Grill are you’re using less oil and also making less mess than if you fry them. This baked, not fried chicken parmesan is a healthy option.
Seasoned with salt and black pepper and laying on a bed of pasta, this chicken parmesan is lean and moist. Add a layer of pasta sauce and tons of melted cheese on top of the chicken and you have an easy chicken parmesan dinner that you’ll add to your monthly meal plan. Even a picky eater won’t say no to this cheesy dish!
To be honest, we’d be truly shocked if you had any, but if you do, we recommend storing the leftover chicken parmesan in the fridge to lock in the freshness use the Heat n Eat storage container these containers are also great if you decided to freeze it for later. To serve, simply ‘pop’ the vent, reheat in the microwave and serve.
Chicken ParmesanCourse: DinnerCuisine: Italian
Chicken Parmesan using MicroPro Grill
2 eggs beaten
4 small chicken breasts or boneless thighs
2 cups pando crumbs
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
2 cups moozzarella cheese
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups marinara or tin of diced tomatoes
- Season chicken on both sides with salt and pepper. Dredge each breast in the flour and tap off excess, then dip in the egg and let excess drip off, then dredge on both sides in the bread crumbs
- Microwave 8 mins in MicroPro Grill with cover in Grill position
- Take out and turn chicken pieces
- Sprinkle 1 cup mozzarella and half of the parmesan evenly over the chicken pieces
- Pour marinara aound and all over the chicken then add the rest of the mozzarella and sprinkle with rest of parmesan
- Microwave 7 mins more in Casserole position until chicken is cooked through and cheese is melted
- Remove from the microwave and garnish with basil or parsley leaves.
TIP: Make your own marinara sauce
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 large onion, finely chopped
4 cloves garlic, smashed with some kosher salt to
make a past
2 tin 400g of whole tomatoes and their juices pureed
in a blender
1 400g tin of crushed tomatoes
1 small can of tomato paste
1 small bunch of basil leaf and oregano
Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onions and garlic and cook until soft. Add purre tomatoes with their juices, crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, 1 cup water, basil, oregano and chilli pepper (optional). Bring to a boil, season to taste with salt and pepper. Reduce the heat and cook until slightly thickened, about 30 mins
- Store leftover in Heat N Eat https://tupperware.co.nz/product/heat-n-eat-shallow-set-3-nocturnal-sea