NAKED BURRITOS FILLER – MEXICAN STYLE SHREDDED BEEF & BEANSCourse: MainCuisine: Mexican
700g chuck steak
3 garlic cloves
1 TBSP chilies in adobo or Chipotle sauce*
3/4 cup tomato puree or plain passata sauce
3/4 cup beef stock
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp ground allspice or cinnamon
400g black beans
2 tsp brown sugar
- Combine all filling ingredients into Micro Pressure Cooker.
Lock in cover. Cook in microwave on high/100%/900 watts for 30 minutes.
- Once cooked, remove from microwave and let it stand for 15 minutes (make sure the pressure valve has released before opening).
- Carefully remove the cover. Transfer filling to a plate and shred with two forks, return to sauce. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Make a burrito bowl with the filling, cooked rice, salad and condiments or remove the meat from the sauce and use as filling for burritos, tacos and quesadillas.
- *Chillies in adobo or Chiptole sauce can be found in the Mexican section of the supermarket. If unavailable, substitute a Mexican spice mix.